You may have heard of something called the Miracle Mineral Solution or MMS. As a Lyme patient you may be trying to make sense of all of the posts and articles that either call it a substance that lives up to its “miracle” label or articles that compare it to bleach and is therefore dangerous to ingest. What’s the truth? We did some personal research and answer a few basic questions.
What is it? MMS (which stands for Miracle Mineral Supplement or Miracle Mineral Solution) is a solution made from 22.4% Sodium Chlorite and distilled water that is mixed with an activator that ultimately become Sodium Dioxide. Sodium Chlorite is not a natural product but is a manufactured chemical. It has no real viable use by itself but is manufactured solely as a precursor to the generation of Chlorine Dioxide.